- A big leek
- 3 medium potatoes
- 700 ml of vegetable broth
- 50 gr of bacon in strips
- A sprig of rosemary
- A slice of bread of a few days
- Salt and pepper as required
- Extravirgin Olive oil as required
- 2 Quattro Stagioni 320 ml/250 ml
- The first thing to do is heat the vegetable broth. Meanwhile, wash the leek well, cleanse it (remove the inedible parts), and cut it into rounds 1-2 centimeters thick, being careful to use only the white part. In a pot heat a little oil and add the leek.
- Cover with the lid and brown over low heat for about ten minutes, turning from time to time. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and add to the browned leeks. Mix everything and cook for a few minutes, then add the vegetable broth, keeping a little aside to be able to adjust the final consistency. Cook for about 30 minutes. Brown the bacon on a low flame until it is crispy.
- Cut the slice of bread into squares and let it roast in another pan, making sure it does not blacken. Once toasted, put it in a Quattro Stagioni jar with rosemary and few drops of oil. Remove the pot with the leeks and potatoes from the stove and with an immersion mixer blend the soup until obtaining a smooth and homogeneous consistency. If it is too thick, adjust the consistency with the broth you left aside.
- Taste it and if necessary, add salt and pepper. Leave the soup covered for a few minutes, then pour it into the Quattro Stagioni jars with a ladle. Finally, garnish with the crispy bacon, some croutons of bread, and a sprig of rosemary. (Our tip: if you want to add a touch of freshness to this dish, add a little grated fresh ginger before you mix the soup).
Source: Bormioli Rocco
Related Product[magento store=”default” name=”%quattro%” suffix=”” prefix=”Php” title=”h6″ target=”_blank” description=”none”]