- 1 (2.5 lb.) butternut squash
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 lemon ginger tea bags
- ½ tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. dried ground sage
- 8 oz honey goat cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut the butternut squash in half, scooping out the seeds in the bulbous end. Place cut side up on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50 minutes until squash is soft. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile, fill the kettle to .75L (between the .5L marking and the 1L marking) with water, put the kettle on the stand and brew.
- In a large pitcher, add the tea bags and pour the hot water over the top. Steep for 5-10 minutes (or according to tea instructions). Remove the tea bags.
- Scrape out the insides of the butternut squash and place in the jar of a blender or food processor. Pour in the lemon ginger tea, ginger, cardamom, sage and goat cheese.
- Place the lid on the blender/food processor, but remove the center cap. Blend on low speed until creamy.
- Add the heavy cream and blend to incorporate. Serve with a side of toasted bread for dipping.
Source: Russell Hobbs
Related Product[magento store=”default” sku=”0064453″ suffix=”” prefix=”Php” title=”h6″ target=”_blank” description=”none”]