- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl large enough to hold the largest piece of chicken.
- Heat the shortening in a large cast iron Dutch oven or the fryer of a combo cooker over medium heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the shortening is heating, beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl large enough to hold the largest piece of chicken. Dip the chicken pieces one at a time in the egg mixture, then dredge them in the flour mixture, then back in the egg mixture and the flour mixture for a second time.
- When the oil is hot enough, slowly fry the chicken until it is golden brown on all sides and cooked through. You may need to turn the heat down to prevent the chicken from getting too brown before it’s done.
Cook this with Lodge Cast Iron
Gourdo’s is a licensed distributor of Lodge Manufacturing Co. in the Philippines.
[magento store=”default” limit=”3″ category=”218″ suffix=”” prefix=”Php” title=”h6″ target=”_blank” description=”none”]