An elegant afternoon tea session was started in England by Anna, the seventh Duchess of Bedford, in the year 1840. History tells that tea time in the afternoon was originally to fill in the long gap between lunch and dinner — which concept was credited to the duchess. Later on, it became well-accepted and people are still enjoying a cup of tea until today.
Afternoon tea time can match any celebration or special occasion. Whether it’s for birthdays, friend reunions, or even for client meetings. It is best for any occasion that needs casual or intimate conversations. Although setting up a tea session looks formal, it is also ideal even in small talk or a quick catch-up with friends.
If you are planning to host a tea party anytime soon, here are the basic things you need to prepare:
- Depending on the occasion, you need to formally invite your friends. It can be a casual invite or you can be more creative by giving them an invitation card or message inspired by the theme of your party.
- Choose the tea you want to share with your guests and all other accessories you need to set up the event. Make sure to choose the best kind of tea that suits your guests’ tastes.
- Aside from your tea, prepare a variety of sweet and savory food to match your drinks. Sandwiches, biscuits, or cookies can be a good choice for a simple afternoon tea session.
- Don’t forget to brew your tea and prepare a variety of flavors to choose from to satisfy your guests.
- Choose classy and stylish teacups and saucers. This will add a hint of elegance to your party. Porcelain cups and saucers designed with floral motifs are perfect for any formal and casual occasion.
- Enjoy your own cup of tea. Don’t forget to take a sip of your tea and engage with your guests’ conversations. It’s also a perfect time to talk about important matters.
100% BRAND NEW AND HIGH QUALITY. VINTAGE ENGLISH TEACUP AND SAUCER SET. The purple peony flower pattern on the teacups set, complementing delicate saucers set, perfectly builds a stunning and refined texture for not only everyday coffee and tea but a piece of works of art as home decor in your china cabinet. * Purple Peony Flower pattern design and fine finish with nice gloss make it looks very elegant and upscale. * It is ideal choice for family meals and casual gatherings, and also can serve in fine restaurant. FOOD SAFE & HAND WASH ONLY NOT SUITABLE FOR MICROWAVE & DISH WASHER LEAD FREE & NON-TOXIC DIMENSIONS: TEACUP SIZE 12.7X10X6.2CM TEACUP CAPACITY: 180CC SAUCER SIZE: 15.2X2CMPhp400.00