- 4 (4 oz) chicken breasts, raw boneless skinless
- 1 (10 oz) jar store bought pesto
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 loaf Italian, French, or Ciabatta bread sliced (you will not need the whole loaf)
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup Balsamic reduction (store bought or make your own*)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken: Place chicken breasts, 2/3 jar of pesto and oil in a gallon freezer bag. Mix together and then place on a plate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Make the Lemon Aioli: combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
- Grill the chicken: Preheat the grill then place the marinated chicken on the grill. Close the lid and let the chicken cook until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. It usually take 5-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Remove from the grill and place on a cutting board. Wipe down the grill plates with a damp cloth and leave on. Slice the chicken into strips.
- Assemble the paninis: set out 4 slices of bread on a cutting board or a clean countertop. Lay chicken slices on the bread, then layer on the cheese, tomatoes, basil leaves, and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Take 4 more slices of bread out of the bag. Spread about a tablespoon of pesto on the slice of bread and then place pesto side down onto one of the four sandwiches on the cutting board or counter. Repeat with remaining slices of bread.
- Grill the paninis: Place the paninis on the grill, two at a time, and close the lid gently so the top does not slide off the sandwich. Let grill for about 5 minutes to get grill marks and to crisp up the bread. Remove paninis from grill and place on cutting board. Put the other two sandwiches on the grill and gently close the lid. Slice the two paninis on the cutting board in half on the bias and set on separate plates. Repeat with the other two paninis.
- Serve with the lemon aioli. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Source: George Foreman
Related Products[magento store=”default” category=”220″ suffix=”” prefix=”Php” title=”h6″ target=”_blank” description=”none”]